Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Slow Start

This Day 1 and Day 2 really has a different feel to it than Nov 1. I was 500 words under at the end of Day 1 and barely met my Day 2 goal today. Although, if I wasn't under for today, I would have written enough to meet my stretch goal.

And it's not that I'm not creating new material. I am. I think it's because I'm covering ground that I initially skipped last time in the bid for words. It's the last open spaces in that 1000 piece puzzle and you have to create the pieces to fill in those gaps. The revision process is turning out to be harder than the original draft. I'm trying to not be discouraged. I keep telling myself that the important thing is that I'm putting the time in and I'm getting words to paper. The story is emerging and it's taking shape. The days when I write 3000+ words will make up for the days I'm writing less than 500. I've done it once, I can do it again.

And it's OK to take a break from one creative project to work on another. Sometimes, that side project can prove to be inspirational and meaningful to your current project.

My Progress in visual form:

No comments:

Post a Comment