Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Office Space

Craig and I finally got my work space set up. I got rid of the hutch on my desk that was too small to accomodate my monitor. Now, I have my large monitor set up side-by-side with one of my laptops so I have the dual-screen action going. It's going to help a lot to have my notes on one screen and my manuscript on the other. It also helps to have a really nice ergo keyboard. The added benefit of not having the hutch is to not have the surface area/space to clutter with unneeded junk.

It feels really nice to have a more permanent set-up for a work space. I had a similar set up in the living room that I had to dismantle every time Craig wanted to have the space for his painting. My desk is a spot that I'm excited to use again, all because it's now comfortable to be there. Now, the challenge will be trying to both work in the den at the same time. He usually needs absolute quiet to concentrate on his DM stuff when he's prepping for games. I, on the other hand, focus better when there's some kind of background noise or music playing.

4 comments:

  1. Just so long as he doesn't take your stapler...then you might have to burn the house down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfft! I have my OWN stapler, thank-you-very-much! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. headphones. Just try not to accidentally hit him while you are rocking out. \m/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it might be a good excuse to get some noise canceling over-ear headphones. :D

    ReplyDelete