Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

On Creativity and projects

I'm having a hard time focusing on my current fiction project - the 2nd part to my first NaNo novel. Part of it is my need for consistency between books 1 and 2. I have a lot of plot holes in #1 that probably should be filled before I move on with book 2. I also think I need to map my book out because I feel like I'm wandering aimlessly.  In looking at some of the work I've already done for book 2, I've caught myself needing to flesh out background details for some parts and repeating myself as I write about a character as if it's the first time my protagonist (and the reader) encounters her. So yes, there's are some issues I think I need to work out before I plunge forward. 

I'm also spending more time focusing on health and diet. I like cooking, but with the food logging and calorie counting, it's important for me to write down/develop the recipes I use and figure out appropriate portion sizes. 

Then, I had this crazy idea... write a cookbook. Most of the recipes, I'm going to post on my blog. First, I'll develop the recipes and have my friends try them. Then, I'll organize them into a book with some kind of story or intro into each recipe - whether it's a family recipe, an experiment, or a happy accident. Some of the dishes might inspire me in other projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment