Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Progress as we enter Day 4

One of the things I'm finding awesome with participating in NaNoWriMo are the words of advice and encouragement from authors. Today, I received an e-mail authored by Kate DiCamillo (author of The Take of Despereaux and other YA novels) offering some words of advice on motivation:

It is a truly excellent to have someone to believe in you and your ability to write.
But I think it is just as helpful to have people who don't believe in you, people who mock you, people who doubt you, people who enrage you. Fortunately, there is never a shortage of this type of person in the world.
So as you enter this month of writing, write for yourself. Write for the story. And write, also, for all of the people who doubt you... Let them motivate you.
Your friend in writing,
Kate DiCamillo
As we enter day 4 (at Midnight), I have 4300 words. I'm 700 words from meeting my day 3 goal, but I have do doubt that I will hit it before I sleep tonight (whatever time that will be). My 6667 total word goal for Sunday will be a little more difficult since I do not have the option of writing until 6am. I'm hoping to reach that goal sometime in the afternoon. Keeping the promise I made when I started this challenge, I'm saying "no" to a social gathering that I'd REALLY like to participate in (Dim Sum with some friends). However, my one social event I'd allowed myself for this weekend was 5 hours on Friday night when I went out with Craig and Roz to dinner and to see Wreck-It Ralph. 

Onward to 6667.

No comments:

Post a Comment