Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Running out of steam

Today, after work, I will have 8 hours of time jump ahead of my goal. Anything I write during those 8 hours would put me ahead, leaving tomorrow's goal easier to hit.

However, I do feel like I'm running out of steam. But I'm so close to the mid-way benchmark that I can taste it. And I'm so far from the finish line that I'd be really dissappointed if I I hit a wall now.

I really hope to make a lot of progress this Friday night and Saturday afternoon. I'm bummed that I lose the all-night writing opportunity on Saturday due to work on Sunday morning. This is where I think I'll use up any surplus in my word count bank, perhaps even to fall behind by a few hours again.

Thanksgiving weekend will also be hard. As is, I plan on writing well into the night Wed night when we stop at our mid-way point during our travels. I plan on writing all night Thursday night. I hope to sleep the entire car ride back on Saturday so that I can write as much as humanly possible on Sunday. Since it's the last writing weekend, It's the last opportunity to bank excess words. I'd hate it if I were to trip up right before I reach the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment